Manchester United vs Aston Villa – Match Preview
It’s the perfect weekend for a Premier League Soccer fan as Manchester United vs Aston Villa brings Premier League action back at Old Trafford.
The home team has been struggling since the start of this season. Gunnar Solskjaer’s side currently sits on the ninth spot with an ordinary 17 points, while Aston Villa holds the 15th position with 14 points.
Undoubtedly, this year’s Premier League start has not been very kind to Manchester United. The Red Devils have won 4, lost 4, and drew 5 matches in their first 13 matches. Considering the bench strength, the performance of the club has been extremely ordinary.
On the contrary, Aston Villa’s performance has been rather unusual and reprimanding as compared to that of their opponents. Villa has won 4, lost 7, and drew 2 games in their first 13 matches.
Despite an ordinary show at the start of the Premier League, the Red Devils have started to show some improving signs as the league progresses.
Recent form (Most Recent First): Draw, Win, Loss, Win, Draw, Loss.
Considering the recent form, the Red Devils show some hope towards betterment in terms of their league position. The weekend fixture against Aston Villa could be the chance for the hosts to return to winning ways in the league.
Manchester United’s injury issues continue as Paul Pogba is still unsure to play following his ankle problem. Furthermore, Eric Bailly, Diogo Dalot, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, and Marcos Rojo also have noticeable positions in the injury list.
Aston Villa’s Head Coach Dean Smith has recently signed a new four-year contract with the club.
Recent Form (Most Recent First): Win, Loss, Loss, Loss, Win, Win.
There is some good news for the Villa fans as the central defender Bjorn Engels is available after recovering from a hip problem. However, Jota is unlikely to appear in the fixture due to a hernia issue.
Manchester United vs Aston Villa – Match Facts
- Both teams have played a total of 186 games.
- Manchester United has won 98 fixtures.
- Aston Villa has won 49 fixtures.
- Manchester United has won the last three Premier League fixtures between the two teams.
- The Red Devils have won the past six matches at Old Trafford.
- Manchester has scored 18 goals in their last six fixtures at Old Trafford against the visitors.
- Aston Villa has a terrible record of scoring only 3 goals in the last six away games at Old Trafford.
- Villa lost won an away match against the “Hosts” in December 2009 at Old Trafford.
- Aston Villa has lost 30 fixtures out of its last 41 league meetings with Manchester United.
De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Williams; McTominay, Fred; James, Pereira, Rashford; Martial
Heaton; Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Targett; Hourihane, McGinn, Douglas Luiz; El Ghazi, Wesley, Grealish
Manchester United vs Aston Villa
- 1 David De Gea (G)
- 29 Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- 2 Victor Lindelöf
- 5 Harry Maguire
- 53 Brandon Williams (L. Shaw)
- 15 Andreas Pereira
- 17 Fred
- 21 Daniel James
- 8 Juan Mata (J. Lingard)
- 10 Marcus Rashford
- 9 Anthony Martial (M. Greenwood)
- Tom Heaton (G) 1
- Frédéric Guilbert 24
- Ezri Konsa 15
- Tyrone Mings 40
- Matt Targett 18
- John McGinn 7
- Douglas Luiz 6
- (H. Lansbury) Conor Hourihane 14
- (Trezeguet) Anwar El Ghazi 21
- Wesley 9
- Jack Grealish 10
- 13 Lee Grant (G)
- 18 Ashley Young
- 23 Luke Shaw (B. Williams)
- 38 Axel Tuanzebe
- 37 James Garner
- 14 Jesse Lingard (J. Mata)
- 26 Mason Greenwood (A. Martial)
- Ørjan Nyland (G) 25
- Ahmed El-Mohamady 27
- Björn Engels 22
- (C. Hourihane) Henri Lansbury 8
- (A. El-Ghazi) Trezeguet 17
- Marvelous Nakamba 11
- Jonathan Kodjia 26
- S. McTominay (Knee Injury)
- N. Matić (Knock)
- P. Pogba (Foot Injury)
- M. Rojo (Knock)
- Eric Bailly (Knee Injury)
- Diogo Dalot (Groin Strain)
- T. Fosu-Mensah (Knee Injury)
- (Calf/Shin Injury) Jed Steer
- (Groin/Pelvis Injury) Jota
- (Thigh Muscle Strain) K. Davis
- O. Solskjær
- D. Smith
Manchester United rested a good portion of its first-team players in the game against Astana which has given the home team a plausible advantage over their competitors. With a bunch of fresh legs in the fixture, the Red Devils are most likely to seal the fixture with a comfortable victory.
Score: Manchester United ( 2 – 0 ) Aston Villa
Manchester United vs Aston Villa – How and where to watch it?
How to watch available games:
- Visit Bet365.com and login to your account, or click here to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
- Select the game you want to watch.
- You MUST be 18 years of age or older in order to register.
- You CANNOT use Bet365 to watch any England Premier League matches.
- Gambling responsibly
- T&Cs apply