Manchester City vs Aston Villa – Match Preview
Premier League action returns to the Etihad Stadium with Manchester City vs Aston Villa. The Premier League table is divided into sections as of now. Liverpool contesting for the first spot, alone. While all the other teams are competing for the second position.
With a 100% win record in their league games, Liverpool is cruising in the league. However, Man City isn’t that far with just 6 points behind. The Premier League defending champions will be eager to reduce the amount of difference, this weekend.
The Lions are slowly growing and helping themselves towards the top 5 spots in the Premier League table.
The visitor’s last-minute defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates spoke volumes about the effort it has been putting in the field.
The injury front is fairly less severe for Aston Villa. The visitors’ only injury concern comes in the form of Jose Peleteiro Ramallo as he is still recovering from a hernia operation.
After a disappointing defeat in the hands of Wolverhampton at home by 2-0 prior to the international break, the Citizens have come in strongly to rise up from the dead.
The home team is skeptical about the starts of Oleksandr Zinchenko, and Rodri Hernandez.
Manchester City vs Aston Villa – Match Facts
- Aston Villa hasn’t won a Premier League fixture at the Etihad since 2007.
- Since 2010, Man City has defeated Aston Villa 12 out of 16 times.
- Man City has won its last nine matches on the trot against Aston Villa with an aggregate score of 30-4.
- Aston Villa is winless in their last 13 Premier League games against the defending champions.
- Manchester City’s last defeat both home and away came under Manuel Pellegrini, back in 2013.
- Pep Guardiola will face Aston Villa for the first time.
- In the last fixture in March 2016, the Citizens absolutely schooled the Lions with a margin of 4-0.
- Man City’s Sergio Aguero has scored six goals in his last four PL games against Aston Villa.
Heaton; Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Targett; Nakamba, Hourihane, McGinn; El Ghazi, Grealish, Wesley
Ederson; Cancelo, Stones, Fernandinho, Mendy; Gundogan, De Bruyne, Silva; Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus
Missing PlayersNot Found. Not Found.
In the ongoing Premier League 19/20, City has astonished the fans by scoring early goals which have helped the home team to pile up a mammoth goal difference of 20 goals.
Although Aston Villa is not the kind of opponent that you can just right off from the word go. But, considering the consistency of early goals, it is expected that the Citizens will definitely maintain their supremacy at their home.
Despite the Lions’ perfect play, at home, Man City only needs one mistake to counter and raid the opponents. So, it will be a tough contest for the visitors.
Score: Manchester City (5-0) Aston Villa
Manchester City vs Aston Villa – How and where to watch it?
BT Sport 3, C+ France, CANAL+ Sport 2 (Pol), Chance, Cosmote Sport 1 HD, Diema Sport 2, Eurosport 1 (Rom), Play Sports 2, PREMIER Sport (CZE), S Sport, Sky Sport (Ger), Spiler1 TV, Sport TV (Por), SportKlub (BiH), SportKlub (Cro), Tipsport, Tipsport SK, SportKlub (Mac), TV2 Sport Premium, SportKlub (Mon), SportKlub (Ser), ViaPlay (Den), ViaPlay (Fin), Viasat Jalkapallo, SportKlub (Slo), Viasat Sport Premium (Fin), ViaPlay (Swe), Viasat Sport Premium (Swe).
How to watch available games:
- Visit Bet365.com and login to your account, or click here to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
- Select the game you want to watch.
- You MUST be 18 years of age or older in order to register.
- You CANNOT use Bet365 to watch any England Premier League matches.
- Gambling responsibly
- T&Cs apply