Leicester City vs Southampton – Match Preview
Leicester City has been a roll in this year’s Premier League 19/20. With 5 wins in their bag, the English men are extremely energized and rearing to go. The foxes will be visiting Southampton in their away game on Friday. Currently, they have acquired the fourth position in the standings. As for the fans, they are extremely excited for Leicester City vs Southampton.
The foxes are well aware of the fact that even a 1-0 win will boost their standings to the second spot as they will snatch it from Manchester City.
The foxes have secured a whopping 17 points in their nine league games with 5 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses. This phenomenal start has earned them a third spot in the league’s current table scenario.
Jamie Vardy has been in the kind of form his team needs him to be in. He has managed to net a total of six goals in nine appearances. With support from Youri Tielemans and James Maddison, the foxes’ attack has been formidable.
Southampton’s start to this year’s Premier League’s campaign has been nothing less than a nightmare. With only 2 wins followed by 2 draws and 5 defeats inside the first 10 matches, they are extremely demoralized.
In their last away encounter, Southampton managed to defeat Leicester City in January.
Southampton is most likely to continue the injury baggage with Cedric Soares and Moussa Djenepo still on the sidelines. Furthermore, James Ward-Prowse is most likely to be the player at most risk for an injury after the games against Wolves.
Leicester City vs Southampton – Match Facts
- Southampton has won on 33 different occasions against Leicester City.
- Leicester City has won 3 games out of the last 5, with a draw and a loss.
- In Premier League 19/20, Leicester City has a goal difference of 8 goals, with goals scored. Southampton has a goal difference of -7, with 16 goals scored against them.
- Leicester has won 3 out of their last 5 games in the current season.
- Southampton has only won 1 out of their last 5 games in the current season.
Schmeichel; Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Chilwell; Ndidi; Perez, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes; Vardy
Gunn; Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard; Valery, Romeu, Hojbjerg, Bertrand; Ward-Prowse, Redmond; Ings
Southampton vs Leicester City
- 28 Angus Gunn (G)
- 35 Jan Bednarek
- 3 Maya Yoshida
- 4 Jannik Vestergaard (K. Danso)
- 43 Yan Valery (S. Armstrong)
- 16 James Ward-Prowse
- 14 Oriol Romeu
- 23 Pierre-Emile Højbjerg
- 21 Ryan Bertrand
- 9 Danny Ings (J. Stephens)
- 22 Nathan Redmond
- Kasper Schmeichel (G) 1
- Ricardo Pereira 21
- Jonny Evans 6
- Çağlar Söyüncü 4
- Ben Chilwell 3
- Wilfred Ndidi 25
- (D. Gray) Ayoze Pérez 17
- Youri Tielemans 8
- James Maddison 10
- (M. Albrighton) Harvey Barnes 15
- Jamie Vardy 9
- 1 Alex McCarthy (G)
- 5 Jack Stephens (D. Ings)
- 19 Sofiane Boufal
- 17 Stuart Armstrong (Y. Valery)
- 38 Kevin Danso (J. Vestergaard)
- 10 Che Adams
- 7 Shane Long
- Danny Ward (G) 12
- James Justin 2
- Wes Morgan 5
- Dennis Praet 26
- (H. Barnes) Marc Albrighton 11
- (A. Perez) Demarai Gray 7
- Hamza Choudhury 20
- M. Djenepo (Knock)
- (Calf/Shin Injury) M. James
- R. Hasenhüttl
- B. Rodgers
With only two defeats in their campaign this season which came in the last five games, Leicester City’s performance is top-notch. Considering both of the teams’ recent forms, it is safe to predict that Leicester City will nail it.
Score: Leicester City (3-0) Southampton
Leicester City vs Southampton – How and where to watch?
CANAL+ Sport 2 (Pol), Chance, Cosmote Sport1 HD, Diema Sport 2, Digi Sport 1 (Hun), Eurosport 1, Play Sports 2, PREMIER Sport (CZE), RMC Sport, Sky Sport(Ger), Sport TV (Por), SportKlub (BiH), SportKlub (Cro), Tipsport, SportKlub (Mac), SportKlub (Mon), SportKlub (Ser), Tipsport SK, Sportklub (Slo), TV2 Sport Premium, ViaPlay (Den), ViaPlay (Nor), ViaPlay (Swe), Viasat Jalkapallo, Viasat Sport Premium (Fin), ViaPlay (Fin), Viasat Sport Premium (Swe), Xee (Den), S Sport.
How to watch available games:
- Visit Bet365.com and login to your account, or click here to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
- Select the game you want to watch.
- You MUST be 18 years of age or older in order to register.
- You CANNOT use Bet365 to watch any England Premier League matches.
- Gambling responsibly
- T&Cs apply