Arsenal vs AFC Bournemouth – Match Preview
Arsenal vs AFC Bournemouth is supposed to be an exciting contest as the winter break approaches the Premier League fans! With Mikel Arteta joining the team for his first game after taking charge, he would like to see it off with a comfortable victory.
However, a comfortable victory will be a tad bit difficult at this venue. Considering the HUGE support AFC Bournemouth manages to pull along, Arsenal will be under immense pressure today to win this game without any disruptions/distractions.
Although Bournemouth hasn’t been in the best of forms in the past few weeks, but the season is far from over. And, with only a four-point difference from its opponent, the Cherries would like to fancy their chances to win in front of their home crowd.
Whatever the result is going to be, the Boxing Day match will be an action-packed fixture, THAT IS FOR SURE!
Mikel Arteta, having worked with Pep Guardiola at Manchester City, is expected to instill his philosophy from the word go in the Arsenal camp. This will help in the team’s lack of confidence that has continued since the beginning of October.
Reiss Nelson and Aubameyang are expected to be benched for the match, which means Nicolas Pepe and Alexandre Lacazette could start the fixture.
Recent form (Most Recent First): Draw, Loss, Win, Loss, Draw.
Had Bournemouth not performed well in the initial part of the season, the recent decline in form would have hurt them on an entirely different level. The Cherries could only hit one shot on target in their last game against Burnley at the weekend. This shows how focused do they have to be, to succeed in the fixture against Arsenal.
Jack Simpson comes in as a left-back as Diego Rico is set to sit this fixture out due to a one-match suspension. Furthermore, Harry Wilson remains doubtful to feature with a dead leg.
Recent Form (Most Recent First): Loss, Win, Loss, Loss, Loss.
Arsenal vs AFC Bournemouth – Match Facts
- This is only the eleventh competitive encounter between the two sides.
- Arsenal has won 8, while Bournemouth has only managed to win once in the 11 fixtures.
- The Cherries managed to defeat the Gunners in front of their home crowd in January 2018 via a 2-1 scoreline.
- Arsenal has won three successive matches after the Bournemouth victory.
Leno; Chambers, Sokratis, Luiz, Maitland-Niles; Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi; Pepe, Lacazette, Saka
Ramsdale; Stacey, Francis, Mepham, Simpson; Cook, Lerma, Billing; Fraser, King; C.Wilson
AFC Bournemouth vs Arsenal
- 12 Aaron Ramsdale (G)
- 3 Steve Cook
- 33 Chris Mepham
- 25 Jack Simpson
- 17 Jack Stacey
- 16 Lewis Cook
- 8 Jefferson Lerma
- 4 Dan Gosling (P. Billing)
- 24 Ryan Fraser
- 13 Callum Wilson
- 7 Joshua King (H. Wilson)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 14
- Alexandre Lacazette 9
- Bernd Leno (G) 1
- Ainsley Maitland-Niles 15
- David Luiz 23
- (S. Mustafi) Sokratis 5
- Bukayo Saka 77
- Granit Xhaka 34
- Lucas Torreira 11
- (N. Pepe) Reiss Nelson 24
- (J. Willock) Mesut Özil 10
- 1 Artur Boruc (G)
- 19 Junior Stanislas
- 53 Gavin Kilkenny
- 22 Harry Wilson (J. King)
- 29 Philip Billing (D. Gosling)
- 6 Andrew Surman
- 9 Dominic Solanke
- Emiliano Martínez (G) 26
- Konstantinos Mavropanos 27
- (Sokratis) Shkodran Mustafi 20
- (M. Ozil) Joseph Willock 28
- Mattéo Guendouzi 29
- Emile Smith Rowe 32
- (R. Nelson) Nicolas Pépé 19
- A. Groeneveld (Ankle/Foot Injury)
- A. Smith (Ankle/Foot Injury)
- C. Daniels (Knee Injury)
- D. Brooks (Ankle/Foot Injury)
- D. Rico Salguero (Suspended)
- S. Francis (Head Injury)
- N. Aké (Hamstring)
- (Ankle Ligaments) S. Kolašinac
- (Thigh Muscle Strain) G. Martinelli Silva
- (Suspended) C. Chambers
- (Knee Injury) R. Holding
- (Shoulder Injury) Kieran Tierney
- E. Howe
AFC Bournemouth is a tough team to capture in front of their fans at their home. The amount of support it gets is far more daunting and effective as compared to their performance on-field. So the Cherries won’t go down easily in its latest fixture at Home.
However, we will back the Gunners here to grind out a narrow triumph despite the HUGE home advantage to the Cherries. Whatever the result, an interesting fixture nonetheless!
Score: Arsenal (2 – 1) AFC Bournemouth
Arsenal vs AFC Bournemouth – How and where to watch it?
CANAL + Sport 2 (Pol), Cosmote Sport 1 HD. Diema Sport 2, Digi Sport 1 (Hun), RMC Sport, Sport TV (Por), SportKlub (Slo), TRT Spor Web TV, TV3 MAX, TV2 Sport Premium, TV6 (Swe), ViaPlay (Den), ViaPlay (Fin), Viasat Sport (Fin), ViaPlay (Swe), Viasat Urheilu.
How to watch available games:
- Visit Bet365.com and login to your account, or click here to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
- Select the game you want to watch.
- You MUST be 18 years of age or older in order to register.
- You CANNOT use Bet365 to watch any England Premier League matches.
- Gambling responsibly
- T&Cs apply