AS Monaco vs FC Nantes – Match Preview
AS Monaco vs FC Nantes brings Ligue 1 action back to Stade La Beaujoire in Nantes. The visitors, AS Monaco, has had a rather iffy start to their Ligue 1 campaign this season. With three wins, two losses and a draw in their first six games, the visitors are really looking forward to getting a win in their away fixture against FC Nantes.
On the other hand, FC Nantes are having a really good start to their Ligue 1 campaign with only two losses and four reputable victories in their first six matches.
AS Monaco’s start to this year’s Ligue 1 has not been as good as they might have planned. The club has suffered two losses and a draw in their first six games.
Luckily, the club managed to defeat Rennes last weekend by 3-2 to regain some confidence early in the competition.
With their win in the last game, AS Monaco has managed to cement the 6th spot.
As far as the start of the Ligue 1 campaign is concerned, the home team has been in phenomenal form. With only two defeats in their first six games, FC Nantes are cruising in this year’s Ligue 1.
The second defeat for FC Nantes came in last weekend as they were shockingly defeated by Metz by 1-0. The fixture reminded people that away fixtures can be difficult to salvage some pride.
With their current form, the team is in 2nd place being 5 points behind the league leaders PSG. The home record for the club is phenomenal. With an unbeaten run of 4 wins in a row, FC Nantes are untouchable at home.
AS Monaco vs FC Nantes – Match Facts
- In their last fixture, Monaco easily defeated Nantes by 3-1.
- In their 10 overall meetings, FC Nantes has won 6 matches and lost 3.
- However, there has been no defeat for Monaco in the hands of Nantes, in 3 years.
- Nantes’ home record is exceptional as they have won 4 out of their 5 total games with a draw to keep their record 100% loss-less.
Lecomte; Jemerson, Glik, Badiashile; Gelson Martins, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Golovin, Ballo; Ben Yedder, Slimani
Lafont; Appiah, Andrei Girotto, Pallois, Fabio; Toure, Abeid; Bamba, Blas, Simon; Coulibaly
Nantes vs Monaco
- 1 A. Lafont (G)
- 2 Fábio (S. Moutoussamy)
- 4 N. Pallois
- 12 D. Appiah (T. Basila)
- 11 M. Abeid
- 20 Andrei Girotto
- 19 A. Touré
- 32 K. Bamba
- 17 L. Blas (T. Youan)
- 7 K. Coulibaly
- 27 M. Simon
- B. Lecomte (G) 40
- K. Glik 25
- Jemerson 5
- B. Badiashile 32
- Adrien Silva 8
- T. Bakayoko 6
- A. Golovin 17
- (B. Keita) I. Slimani 20
- (C. Fabregas) W. Ben Yedder 9
- Gelson Martins 11
- Gil Dias 31
- 18 S. Moutoussamy (Fabio)
- 23 T. Basila (D. Appiah)
- 24 E. Youan (L. Blas)
- 6 R. Pereira de Sa
- 25 J. Homawoo
- 16 A. Olliero (G)
- 5 J. Kayembe
- (I. Slimani) K. Baldé 14
- (W. Ben Yedder) Fàbregas 4
- R. Aguilar 12
- D. Subašić (G) 1
- F. Ballo 2
- J. Augustin 22
- G. Maripán 3
- C. Benavente (Thigh Muscle Strain)
- Molla Wagué (Suspended)
- Imran Louza (Suspended)
- Rene Krhin (Thigh Muscle Strain)
- Charles Traoré (Hip/Thigh Injury)
- M. Coco (LCL Knee Ligament Injury)
- (Groin Strain) Diego Benaglio
- (Groin/Pelvis Injury) Pietro Pellegri
- (Thigh Muscle Strain) W. Geubbels
- (MCL Knee Ligament Injury) S. Jovetić
- C. Gourcuff
- Leonardo Jardim
It is a debatable fact that AS Monaco is one of the strongest teams in Ligue 1. However, this year the season has seen some interesting fixture results. Based on that, Nantes has an extremely strong case for Friday’s fixture against Monaco. While Monaco seems a little hazy in the early days of the season, they might be caught off guard in their visit to Nantes as the visitors might come in with all the firepower.
Score: AS Monaco (1-2) FC Nantes
AS Monaco vs FC Nantes – How and where to watch it?
Arena Sport (BiH), Arena Sport (Cro), beIN Sport (Tur), beIN Sport Max (Tur), Arena Sport (Ser), Bet365, BT Sport 3, CANAL+ Sport (Fra), Chance, Digi Sport 2 (Hun), Digi Sport 4 (Rom), Eleven Sports (Por), Futbol 1, Fortuna, Fortuna SK, Nova Sports (Hel), ViaPlay (Swe), Tipsport, ViaPlay (Nor), Tipsport SK, TV3 Sport (Swe), ViaPlay (Den), ViaPlay (Fin).
How to watch available games:
- Visit Bet365.com and login to your account, or click here to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
- Select the game you want to watch.
- You MUST be 18 years of age or older in order to register.
- You CANNOT use Bet365 to watch any England Premier League matches.
- Gambling responsibly
- T&Cs apply