If you have been enjoying yourself as a sports fan and a betting enthusiasts both, you may find the upcoming UEFA Finals intriguing. I set out to outline the basic rules of any betting, be that football (or soccer) as you may normally call it overseas. I will provide meaningful guidance to the enthusiastic punter (or simply put the person who places the bet). The UEFA Championships’ Final will definitely take a bit of insight, but before we can speculate on the outcome of this particular competition, let us all take a step back and focus exclusively on what it means to be a sports betting enthusiasts.
Sports Betting & The UEFA Finals
Before you venture to place your first wager, you have to be familiar with the semantics of the field. UEFA Championships or otherwise, you will have to pick your bookmaker well! However, this is a choice that you may not do lightly. One of the better ones out there is bet365. bet365 is a bookmaker that has established a reputation for itself. How do we know it is a reliable place to place a wager, here is my checklist:
- Make sure the bookmaker is licensed – bet365 sports quite the reputation and it has a license issued from Gibraltar. Gibraltar is one of the authorised jurisdictions around the globe to hand down such licenses. Furthermore, bet365 just obtained an additional license from Malta (a possible future destination for the operator in light of the looming Brexit).
- Check if third-party regulators are taking care of the website. In Europe alone, you can seek the logos of eCORGA and GambleAware. These two NGOs fight fraudulent casino practices and sports betting addiction. Make sure payouts are timely by visiting the website’s own terms and agreements and looking up for muck on the Internet.
- Do try to remember that some gamblers may be miffed because they had failed to read the rules before playing. As a result, their opinions should be dismissed.
Picking a Team at the UEFA Finals
It would be pointless to post actual odds on a static website. However, I will provide you with a suggestion how to pick your best option. When shopping around for a bookmaker, always make sure to actually compare odds between bookmakers. One Mathematician managed to score a victory over the bookmakers by successfully picking the best odds across various operators. David Stumper has been quite the fascinating researcher and he has been continuously publishing his things online. If you are interested in how you can use science to actually tackle the bookies, you may want to purchase
Mr Stumper’s book entitled “Soccermatics: Mathematical Adventures in the Beautiful Game”. It’s an eloquent read that does not expect you to be a Maths whiz to understand it.
Still, Pick Your Team Smart Football
Football may invite you to plump for your favourite team but this is something I would discourage in general. You ought to have an honest look at what the forecasts are showing and if you have an intimate understanding of the game, then listen to your gut then go on an all-out fan-propelled betting frenzy. The Champions League Finals are no exception, of course.
Remember to follow these sports betting tenets:
- Pick the stronger team over the one you like;
- Remember to wager only a small fraction of your total bankroll;
- Compare odds across respectable bookmakers and pick the best ones.
When the teams at hand are Liverpool and Real Madrid, you may say that both squads have a fairly equal chance of winning. However, you ought to account for the fact that Real Madrid seems stronger in the offence. Yes , their defense may be struggling, but still. Nevertheless, for Salah to reach the enemy’s goal and score a clear shot in the post, he will need to overcome Real Madrid’s midfielders, which are said to be slightly better than what Liverpool fields at the moment.
Pair this with the fact that Real Madrid sports a strong thicket of strikers and you can assume, with a fair degree of certainty that the Spanish team comes across as the more reassuring pick.
Pick the Right Sort of Bet
When you bet remember to – monitor your bankroll and also place small wagers with the potential of scoring big. Now, the small wagers I talk about are of course the accumulators. In other words, betting on multiple events and getting all wagers right to multiple n-fold your winnings from a simple $1 wager).
There are quite a few challenges when it comes to sports betting. At the upcoming Real Madrid vs. Liverpool match, you can make at least two decent bets, namely a match & tournament bet. A few extra offers will be up for grabs and you may as well look into those.
Sports betting is exciting and the UEFA Finals this Saturday are definitely worth the wait. Bet smartly.